If you have ever tried to transfer large files over the internet, you might be aware of the fact that it’s not an easy task. There are a lot of software tools and plug-ins available that help you to transfer large files over the internet. But, in most of the cases, you need to purchase the software and plug-ins in order to accomplish the file transfer. Moreover, almost all of these tools have their share of security issues.
So, how do you go about transferring large files over the internet without worrying about slow transfer speeds, data corruption or security issues? Wouldn’t it be great if you were able to share or transfer files to your friends and family without having to use any file transfer software?
This is where browser-based file transfer comes into the picture.
FileSender is an amazing web browser-based file transfer service that enables you to transfer files securely over the internet. This service is free and uses peer-to-peer communication to transfer files from one computer to another via the web browser.
FileSender establishes a secure connection between the two browsers and uses an encrypted channel to send files from the source to the destination. As of now, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the two browsers supported.
How to transfer files using FileSender
1) Open FileSender on either Chrome or Firefox and click on Start Transfer.
2) You will be prompted Enter Your Name so that the receiver can recognize you. Now, you need to click on ‘Invite Someone’ located at the top-right of the screen. You will be provided with ‘Transfer Code’ which you need to enter on the target browser. Alternatively, you can just send the page link to the receiver.
3) Once you are connected with your peer, you can view it in your browser as shown in the screenshot below. To send files, you can simply use the drag and drop feature.
4) I tried sending an image file which was 5MB in size and it was transferred almost immediately. You will notice a tick mark after a successful delivery.
5) If you are receiving a file, you have the option to either accept or reject it.
FileSender is very easy to use, absolutely free and only requires you to have a compatible web browser. Transferring files over the internet was never so simple!
Do give it a try and let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.