There are a lot of things that should to be considered in order to get indexed by Google faster. Today we will discuss 2 ways which are really helpful for faster Google indexing.
Let’s say that you wrote an awesome blog post and just hit the publish button. What next ? I am sure you will eagerly wait for people to read your blog post and provide their valuable feedback, after all that’s what keeps you going. Best way to get readers is through Organic Search Traffic and I am sure everyone would agree with me – Search Engine Optimization, as you would call it. Before going ahead and discussing more on getting indexed by Google, let us talk about web crawlers and website indexing. Also, we will be focusing only on Google today, no disrespect to other search engines.
Web crawlers and website indexing
A web crawler, also called as an internet bot browses the world wide web in a systematic fashion for indexing web pages. A web crawler is nothing but a software application that has been designed to run automated tasks over the internet. Web crawlers are used to ‘copy’ the webpages that they visit which are submitted to a search engine to create indexes of the content on other Website’s. When a user searches for a query on a search engine, the search engine’s index is queried to deliver the result to the user very quickly. If you have come across the term ‘Google Bot’, it is nothing but the web crawler that is used by the Google search engine.
The reason why we had an overview on indexing and crawlers is because you can easily understand how Google indexes websites. Also, let me tell you that there are a lot of techniques involved in order to get Google to index your site. Good number of quality backlinks are very advantageous, regular posting, directory submissions etc. I am more focused on a couple of things that you can easily work on and it won’t take much of your time as well. I have tried these two methods personally and it works for me. It took only a little over an hour to get google to index on of my blog posts recently.
How to get indexed by Google faster ?
1) Submit your Sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools
2) Fetch as Google
Submit your Sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools
There are two types of Sitemaps. One is the HTML sitemap, that helps users to find pages on a website. The other one is the XML sitemap that is meant for the search engines. An XML sitemap contains all the information about the pages and posts on a website. It contains information on the creation date and time, the linkage of the pages and posts with each other and how often are they updated. All this information is in presented in a structured format. So, it is pretty clear that a Sitemap is the best way for you to let Google know about your entire site. You can always wait for the crawlers to discover your site and start the indexing, however it is a very good idea to submit your sitemap in Google Webmaster Tools in order to get indexed by Google faster. Here we explain how to submit a sitemap in Google Webmaster Tools.
1) Login to the Google Webmaster Tools and click on the ‘Crawl’ drop down to expand it. Here you will find the ‘Sitemaps’ option.
2) Once you click on the ‘Sitemaps’ option, you will be able to see the ‘Add/Test Sitemap’ option on the top right hand side of your screen. Use this option to submit your website’s sitemap to Google. Once done, it will increase the crawl rate and help in speeding up the indexing process.
This is one of the best ways to get indexed by Google faster. ‘Fetch as Google’ allows you to submit a URL of your blog to Google’s index. You can submit the URL of a specific post or a page for faster indexing. Or you can just submit the homepage URL if you want all the direct links associated with the homepage to be indexed as well.
1) As in the previous step, click on the ‘Crawl’ drop down to expand it and select the ‘Fetch as Google’ option.
2) Now you can select a particular blog post, a page or the homepage as per your requirement. Once the URL has been entered, click on ‘Fetch’.
3) Once the selected URL is fetched by Google, you will get an option to ‘Submit to Index’. When you click on this option, the URL that you selected will be crawled and will get indexed by Google.
4) Please note that you will be given two options here. You can either choose to crawl only the particular URL that you submitted in the above step or you can select the second option that will crawl the URL as well as all the direct links associated with the URL. You can submit up to 500 entries per month for the first option and you get only 10 for the second one. So, use it wisely. Second option is more suitable when you have made a lot of changes on your website and you want more number of associated pages to get indexed by search engines. First option is best suited for individual posts and pages.
‘Fetch as Google’ is a really great option and can really help you in fast Google indexing. Using this method you are actually asking Google to crawl your website ! This comes in very handy when you have updated a published blog post or when you posted some content on a viral topic and want you page to appear in Google search ASAP.
These two ways can really help your blog posts to get indexed by Google faster but it is not guaranteed always. There are a lot of factors that I mentioned above which play an important role, however you will definitely see some improvements in the Indexing time.
I would like you guys to give it a try and compare the results to find out if you were able to get your blog posts indexed by Google faster. I would love to know your thoughts in the comment section below.