The error message “Operating System not Found” may be familiar to Windows 7 users, or the blue screen of death (BSOD) appears when a user starts the computer. This message implies the MBR is damaged and this is probably caused by a virus attack or a sudden power failure.
MBR, short for Master Boot Record, is the first sector of a computer hard drive that tells the computer how to load the operating system. It consists of three parts: master boot program, hard disk partition table (DPT) and boot record signature (55AA). So, if the MBR of a home premium is damaged, users are not able to boot into Windows. On this occasion, users need to fix MBR for Windows 7 home premium with a bootable CD.
Fix MBR for Windows 7 Home Premium with a Bootable CD
We are going to introduce a practical solution to users. Using MiniTool Partition Wizard Bootable CD to rebuild Windows 7 partition table and fix the corrupted MBR is efficient and economical for users because the bootable CD is free to download.
Users can fix MBR for Windows 7 home premium by following these steps:
1) Download the Partition Wizard Bootable CD and burn it to USB flash disk, CD or DVD with burning software.
If you are working with Windows Server O.S, then you could try to use MiniTool Partition Wizard Server, the latest partition magic server to complete your task.
2) Restart the computer and press F2 to choose “CD-ROM Drive” boot module to enter this interface. Then, choose “Boot from Partition Wizard Boot Disc” to continue.
3) System will choose the first display resolution automatically (if users don’t perform it) to enter the following main interface of Partition Wizard.
4) Select the disk where the MBR and system are located, and then click “Rebuild MBR” on the left panel.
5) Click “Apply” to start fixing MBR and partition table of Windows 7. After the fixing process is over, users just need to click “OK” on the pop-up interface to end the whole work of rebuilding Windows 7 MBR.
It can be seen from the above steps that it is very easy to fix MBR for Windows 7 home premium if you have a Partition Wizard Bootable CD. Do try this out and let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.