In August 2014 Daryn Dalton, who is a Professional Captain and avid part-time angler, was fishing off the yacht he works on when the idea for a Fishing App was formed. He subsequently founded drophook LLC in early 2015. Primarily, drophook was designed to be an image recognition application, but current technology lacked the accuracy needed for a top-of-the-line fishing app. The value he saw in being able to have data logged and shared with the touch of a button, as well as cataloged for easy interpretation, was enough to drive him to pursue creation despite this fact, and hope that soon he can implement image recognition. These days there are apps for all sorts of sports and daily life, this app is built for anglers, by anglers. Drophook has been influenced by the likes of professional fishermen, as well as veteran fishing captains, all contributing their ideas to create the best fishing app yet.
Drophook’s features include:
- Interactive tackle boxes.
- Easy cataloging methods for catch, bait, and tackle.
- Auto log of size, date, position as well as meteorological information of the catch.
- Weather forecasts and conditions, as well as sea surface temperature charts.
- Menu for Species identification.
- Measurement of the size to weight calculation with an auto calculator.
- Ciguatera hot spots notification.
- “Fish On!” button to instantly record the action.
- Privacy settings ensure that user’s favorite fishing spots remain secret.
- Local bag limits and seasonal regulations alerts and access.
- Users can book, evaluate, and fill fishing charters.
- Best online deals for gears are also included at the touch of a button.
It is easy to join and invite your friends. Make an account, build your profile, and let the fun begin! You can upload photos of your catch and invite competition; there are a number of tournaments as well, with which you can challenge anglers across the globe. Some of these tournaments are even paid. You can keep track of your catches in relation to lures, or replace your lost tackle with the touch of a button.
This app also aims to be a source of knowledge and education for anglers. It will also provide them with the information about correct equipment and techniques, in order to preserve fish for future generations. Drophooks’ social media conservation campaigns include their push on Instagram with hash tags like #NeverWasteAKill and #CatchAndReleaseMovement.
Drophook includes two versions, freemium and premium. One of the best things is there are no bombardments of spam or ads; this app has no tolerance for commercial harassment. It is easy to use; needs minimum manual input, and ensures spot-on navigation and automatic modes to keep you engaged in your passion rather than your phone. You can be the first to download the best fishing app yet by visiting drophook’s website. The app will soon be available on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store as well.