The use of contextual ads remains one of the popular ways to make money online either through a website, blog or software. Ads refer to advertisements that are served on various online platforms. They are usually provided by several advertising agencies among which Google AdSense seems to be very popular. However, Just like any other online advertising agency, Google AdSense doesn’t always work for everyone. This may probably be because of their relatively strict requirement, especially for new websites or blogs. It is in this case that one seeks a possible alternative; one of which is Bidvertiser
What is Bidvertiser?
Bidvertiser is another advertising agency that has several similarities to AdSense and is considered to be a good alternative to AdSense, especially for those publishers who have been banned from AdSense or don’t meet their requirements. This ad network has been around since 2003 and has really established its position as one of the best alternatives to AdSense. They offer Pay Per Click (PPC) advertisement, model. When properly implemented, these ads can be a steady stream of income for the user especially in a website that drives a lot of traffic.
Apart from normal regular clicks and conversions, there are several other ways your site can be monetized when you use Bidvertiser. Through their managed toolbar and XML feeds they make the sponsored results in your website or blog to be easily accessible to users. These features can be modified to blend with the appearance of your website. Various ad choices are available to choose from especially banners, buttons, words (inline ads) and even skyscrapers. Like most ad network, Bidvertiser does not support websites that feature adult content including those with so many other ads.
Bidvertiser for publishers
Publishers get really good benefits by partnering with Bidvertiser. In essence, advertisers will bid against each other to display ads on your website and you can sit back and make money. Here’s how bidvertiser works for publishers.
Get paid per click
You will be paid for every user that click on an ad and you earn extra if the user goes ahead and buys something, i.e. a conversion. The money is paid on a monthly basis via PayPal, check or wire with the minimum threshold being just $10.
Display ads from the highest bidder
Only the ads from the highest bidder will be displayed on your website. This ensure that you are entitled for the highest revenue. Moreover, as the competition between advertisers grows, you will see improved bidding on your website over time.
Look and feel of a site is everything and you would not want to mess it up. For that reason, Bidvertiser provides you with a simple tool to customize your ads to blend well with your website’s theme.
Reports and ad performance
The Publisher Center can be used to get detailed reports on how your ads are performing. You can view various metrics like page impressions, click-through rate number of clicks, and the amount that you have received.
Types of Ads at Bidvertiser
To maintain the aesthetics of your website, you would want various types of ads and Bidvertiser will not disappoint you.
Three types of ad groups are supported:
- Banners – You have your full banner (468 x 60) and leaderboard (728 x 90)
- Skyscrapers – Normal skyscraper (120 x 600) and Wide skyscraper (160 x 600)
- Rectangles – Medium rectangle (300 x 250) and Larger rectangle (336 x 280)
These ad formats are 100% customizable to fit your website’s look and feel.
How to sign up?
Signing up is very simple. You just have to visit the website and create an account by filling up all the details shown in the image below.
Once done, click on ‘Get activation code’ to get a unique code on your email. You just have to copy the code and paste it in the box provided. Click on ‘Continue’ and that all! You can now log in and start using the service.
We have talked in detail about Bidvertiser and why it is one of the best Adsense alternatives available today. I must say that if you have a decent amount of traffic coming to your website, you can certainly give it a try. The pay-per-click works well and you also get additional revenue for conversions. Moreover, it’s absolutely free to use and there are no hidden charges. To makes things easy for you, at the end we would like to summarize the content by talking about the pros and cons for using Bidvertiser as you advertising program.
The Major Pros and Cons of using this advertising platform is highlighted below.
- Bidvertiser attempts to serve only the most relevant and highest paying ads on your website or blog.
- They provide easy integration of ads in your website. An HTML code is usually provided which you can add to your webpage.
- The process of signing is usually very simple and straightforward. An instant approval is provided once Bidvertiser reviews your website making the whole process effortless.
- As earlier indicated, the appearance of the Bidvertiser toolbar can be modified to blend with the layout of your website.
- There are several ad choices available to choose from depending on the appearance of your site or blog.
- A special XML search feed is provided.
- A wide variety of ad categories are available.
- The pay rate is relatively low compared to some ad networks like AdSense, though this may considerably improve depending on your chosen niche. Thus you may need a lot of traffic to make money with this ad network.
- There is not enough of information about impressions and clicks on their site.
- Sometimes the ads provided are not relevant to the content. This is most common if your content focused on a small niche.
Apart from the regular features of an advertising network, Bidvertiser also offers a referral program. You can earn decent money by referring potential advertisers and publishers to Bidvertiser. The commission offered is also pretty good. You can either opt for advertiser referral, or publisher. You can also do both if you are up for it. Sounds interesting? Do let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.