WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging tools out there right now. The amount of content that WhatsApp generates in terms of chat messages is HUGE. Has it ever occurred to you to backup WhatsApp messages for your future reference ? If not, and if you would like to go ahead with WhatsApp chat backup, you have come to the right place.
WhatsApp lets you backup your messages very easily by letting you export your chat history in the form of a text file which can be sent over via email. We will discuss how to backup WhatsApp messages on various mobile devices one-by-one.
How to backup WhatsApp messages on Android?
1) On Android devices, open up the Settings from the Menu option.
2) Go to Chat Settings and tap on Backup conversations
3) The backup will take a while depending on the size of data and will be saved on your Android device
After the chat conversation has been backed up, you can export the WhatsApp chat backup by clicking on Email conversation – Choose whether to attach media file.
How to backup WhatsApp messages on an iPhone?
WhatsApp messages can be backed up into iCloud if you are using an iPhone. You must be signed in to your iCloud account and should also have sufficient storage on your device to backup WhatsApp messages.
Go to WhatsApp Settings – Chat Settings – Chat Backup and use the Back Up Now option to backup the chat conversation.
How to backup WhatsApp messages on a Windows phone?
To backup chat conversations on a Windows phone, go to the main chat screen and tap on the three dots at the bottom right corner
Tap on Settings – Chat Settings – Backup which will backup WhatsApp message data. To export a chat, you need to tap on the three dots at the bottom right corner again – tap Info – tap the dots again and select Email chat history
How to backup WhatsApp messages on a Blackberry?
On a blackberry device, open the WhatsApp application menu – Settings – Media Settings – Backup Conversations to backup WhatsApp chat data. To export a chat, you need to tap and hold a conversation, tap on Email conversation and select the Send option.
This is how you can backup WhatsApp messages on various mobile devices. Do give it a try and let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
Sharing is Caring
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Guide to Recover Lost/Deleted Data from iPhone/iPad/iPod TouchGmail Keyboard Shortcuts: The Complete ListWhatsApp blue tick to be made optional ?Data Backup: How to Ensure that Your Data is SafeWhatsApp Voice Call Feature Goes Live