I don’t know about you guys but I just hate the idea of not being able to log out of Facebook Messenger. I dislike not being given the choice to do what I want with the app. Why would Facebook not want to integrate a logout button on the messenger app? Users are forced to use the messenger app to send and receive messages on Facebook. Do the developers even care if you would rather logout of Facebook messenger if given a choice? How many users actually want to stay logged in? Can’t speak for everyone, but I don’t.
So the other day I was trying to figure out how to get rid of this nuisance without actually uninstalling the app. Just to remind you, in a country like India where bandwidth doesn’t come cheap, it’s a crime to waste even little of it. So, I would prefer to keep the app and drop the idea to uninstall it. Probably I may want to use the app at a later time!
Alright, getting back to the issue at hand. Here’s what you need to do to logout of Facebook messenger.
1) Close all instances of the Facebook messenger app. You may also want to check the recent apps and remove it from the list.
2) Once the messenger app is closed, open Settings – Apps.
3) Select the Downloaded tab and scroll down until you find the Messenger app.
4) Once the Messenger App Info page is open, you need to tap on the ‘Clear data’ option.
5) You will get a pop up asking you to delete the app data. Click on OK
6) Once you have cleared the data, the ‘Clear data’ option will become grayed out. And that’s pretty much about it ! This is how you log out of the Facebook messenger. You can now come out of the settings menu.
7) Now, if you launch the Messenger app once again, you will notice that you have been logged out of the app. The app will ask you to Log In again to continue. You can also switch accounts if you want to by selecting the ‘Switch Account’ option at the bottom of the screen.
All of you guys who would like to Logout of Facebook messenger, do give this a try and let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.