We all have our favorite sites, and Dolphin Browser for Android aims to make it as easy as possible for you to add, navigate, and retrieve your bookmarks.
Not everyone has the same browsing habits. Dolphin gives users several different options, depending on your browsing habits and situation (phone size, one-handed browsing, personal preference, etc)
1) When you’re on a webpage you’d like to bookmark, you can swipe to the Left Side Bar and tap “Add Bookmark” on the bottom of the bar to add the page.
2) If you have disabled the swipe actions to bring up the side bars, you can just tap the Dolphin button on the bottom menu bar and tap “Add to” to add the new bookmark.
3) In addition to the above two options, you can also long press the webpage URL in the address bar, which will bring up a pop-up menu. Select ‘Add bookmark’ to add the page to your favorites.
When you add a bookmark with any of the above methods, you will also find options to edit the bookmark name, move it to a bookmarks folder, or even assign a gesture before tapping “Add”.
Always Together – Retrieving Lost Bookmarks
If, for whatever reason, you need to reinstall Dolphin, there are ways to make sure you never lose your bookmarks again! No more sifting through sites to figure out which ones you need to re-bookmark – just a few steps and everything will be there, good as new.
To retrieve your bookmarks, do one (or both) of the following:
1) Back up your Dolphin data. Go to Dolphin settings > General > Data > Backup and restore. Change the filename, select a location, and even set a password for the file if you’d like, then click “Backup”. To retrieve bookmarks, select the backup file (in the Restore tab), and then select “Restore”.
2) Sync with Dolphin Connect. If you’ve signed into Dolphin Connect, then your bookmarks will automatically be saved to the cloud. To force the sync, navigate to the Left Side Bar and click the cloud icon to sync. Similarly, if you want to retrieve bookmarks, you just need to login to the same Dolphin Connect account and click on the cloud icon to reload your bookmarks.
With these tips, you’ll be on your way to browsing (and saving) websites whatever way you like. Download Dolphin Browser for Android today!