With the increasing number of people being converted into tech-savvy, internet keen individuals, the use of websites as the new mode of information on-the-go is on the rise. Internet-surfing is no longer limited to your Personal Computers or the Desktops in your Office. Internet is now an inextricable pattern in your daily chores- from surfing, to net banking, online shopping, social media interaction to e-mailing.
However, most importantly, with the trend of internet becoming mobile, after the intensifying use of smart phones, i-phones, i-pads, Tablets among the internet users, responsive web designing has become an obvious requisite for content marketing and social media marketing. Responsive Web Designing (RWD) is the process of construction of a website in such a manner that all the contents of the website, including images, link, layout and other structures remain same for any device. To simplify, a responsive website is a website which contains the same URL throughout, irrespective of which device it is accessed through.
For almost every prominent digital marketing agency, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) forms a core component. And for a successful SEO strategy, a Responsive Website becomes absolutely compulsory. The following 8 SEO benefits will establish why Responsive Web Designing is a must for your digital marketing operation.
1) Greater proclivity to Responsive Website in Google: Google, with over 65 percent search market share, is a respected recommender in online marketing. Its opinions are respected worldwide. Google itself recommend that responsive web designing is greatly needed for digital and social media marketing. The “One URL for all devices” facilitates Google to effectively organize and adjust content and most importantly a responsive website is much easier to share and apply SEO techniques.
2) Signifies advanced user experience: Websites are basic tool of interaction and sharing of content. A user-friendly website layout makes the process of finding, storing and absorbing the content material more convenient. A responsive website design that is coupled with SEO mechanism makes it easier for users with mobile devices like smart phones and tablets to easily locate their required site and collect the information.
3) Easy management of sites: From the management and operational point of view, Responsive Web designing with SEO benefits makes the maintenance of sites by the site admin easier and advanced. The one URL provision works wonders for management of sites any time and from any device.
4) Linkage of several devices with single website: A website that has different site addresses and settings for different devices (namely separate website for mobile and computer use), is bound to be periled with several technical complications and inconvenience. One significant benefit of SEO in responsive web development is that it allows the single website to be surfed and downloaded on different devices. Whenever the website is viewed- it remains same for computer, or tablet or phone. This makes navigation of the web content easier and search results possibility of the site also widen.
5) One site containing one URL: Having different URLs of the same website for different devices makes it complicated for the users to search a particular content and re-surf them in future. The website management also becomes intricate. Hence a responsive website is most effective since it provides the SEO benefit in which a single URL is functional for the website throughout all devices and browsing mode. This helps the website in becoming more convenient, popular and transparent.
6) Low Bounce Rate: Mostly mobile browsing suffers from a high bounce rate that makes internet surfing a troublesome task for the mobile internet users. This happens when the website content on mobile hugely differs from the site content on PC. But a Responsive Web Design reduces the bounce rate and maintains a Low Bounce Rate throughout, whether for mobile or Desktop. It helps in the functional presentation of the website content.
7) Exclusion of Duplicate content: A responsive website verifies the authenticity of the page. It allows the page to be considered unique and inimitable in Google search. The risk of the site being illegality duplicated or wrongfully fabricated by unknown entities is reduced when the website is responsively designed. The SEO benefit allows the user to be aware whether the web content is original or duplicate
8) Boosts mobile search rankings: SEO in responsive web design promotes the web content over other non-responsive website in Google auto search whether for mobile, Tablet or PC browsing. This way the web content is optimized with higher mobile search rankings. This way the page loading time for the website also reduces and user’s satisfaction is affirmed.