Many times, it can be annoying or frustrating to get access to your favorite sites on a mobile browser. Even with bookmarks, you often need to navigate to another screen before you can access them.
With the free Dolphin Browser for Android, though, you have access to the speed dial, which gives you all your favorite sites right at your fingertips.
Right when you launch Dolphin, you’ll see the circular speed dial icons. Dolphin comes pre-populated with numerous sites, but you can swap them out to fit your browsing preferences.
How to Manage your Speed Dials
The speed dial home screen is flexible. You can move things around to display whatever sites you want. Just follow these steps:
1) To delete any of the speed dial icons, simply hold the icon and then drag it to the bottom of the screen to the ‘remove’ icon.
2) There are several different ways you can add a new speed dial:
- Tap the ‘+’ icon on the home screen. This will take you to the Dolphin Web App Store, where you will find some of the most popular sites to add as a shortcut.
- From within the Web App Store, if you want to add a different URL, click on ‘Add URL’ at the top of the screen and follow the instructions from there.
- Finally, another way to add a speed dial is to navigate to the website you want to add, then go to the menu at the bottom of the screen (click on the Dolphin icon) > Add to > Speed Dials > Add. This is helpful if the URL is very long.
3) To organize your speed dials, you can hold an icon and drag it to the spot you want it. The other speed dials will automatically rearrange themselves to make room. If you find that your home screen is too cluttered with speed dial icons, you can organize them further by grouping them into folders. To do this, just drag an icon over another and a folder will be created in its place. You can drag additional icons into a folder, and you can rearrange folders as well.
What are you waiting for? Download Dolphin Browser for Android today, customize your speed dial, and start browsing better!